Below, there is the CzechMEP18 APPLICATION FORM. This year, the national MEP conference will take place in Prague in June, 7-10. High school students can participate as delegates and choose their preferred committee.
Why should you apply?
Because you will …
- experience European Politics
- tackle the most imminent current issues in the EU legislation
- attend an internationally recognised session, with a tradition all over the continent of more than 25 years (www.mepeurope.eu)
- five of you will be chosen to represent the Czech Republic in the upcoming international MEP session in Madrid, Spain
- develop your soft skills, such as social graces, communication abilities, language skills, time management, teamwork and leadership traits
- debate and practice your English
- meet more people that are alike you
The content area of this years session is ENVIRONMENT with a focus on OCEANS. The World Oceans Day is on the second day of our session – on the 8th of June.
There will be six committees tackling various issues:
ITRE – The question of the Arctic area policy
ENVI – The question regarding Horizon 2020
DROI – The question of upholding freedom of media
SEDE – EU Russia black sea exploitation/militarisation
DEVE – The question of transparent and accountable management of natural resources in developing countries
ECON – The question of circular economy
More detailed description of the committees is in the Application form ⬆.
The format of the MEP resembles that of the actual European Parliament. Read more here.